Coordinate and supervise the Owasso Campus Conference Center in providing conferencing, meetings, and convention opportunities for local, state, regional, and national various educational, community, business and professional organizations. Responsibilities include the coordination/implementation of student work based experience/educational opportunities with designated instructional programs within the Conference Center.
1. Coordinate with campus instructional staff to incorporate instructional student educational opportunities within the Conference Center.
2. Develop and maintain a system in which student work based experiences within the Conference Center are identified with the collaboration of Instructional Staff to ensure program/student participation with scheduled activities.
3. Coordinate catering needs with the District Chef/Catering Coordinator to ensure District Food Service policies and procedures are followed.
4. Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
5. Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
6. Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, audio visual equipment needs, printing and event security.
7. Coordinate with Chief Communications Officer or designee with marketing strategies, ads, press releases and advisories.
8. Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
9. Oversee assigned area of campus budget and monitor variances to assure budget maintains a positive balance; review event bills for accuracy, and request payment to administration.
10. Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
11. Perform tasks and duties relevant to any of various roles or responsibilities assigned by Campus Director appropriate for this position; comply with all policy, procedure, regulation and other communicated requirements as may be in effect for the workgroup or worksite.
12. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions regarding the provision of services to internal and external customers and in day-to-day operations of the department. Interpret and implement policies in a manner consistent with the interests of the District. Provide advice and consultation to executive management as requested. Investigate and resolve issues as needed, represent the department and District in a professional manner to all.
13. Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of TTC, including: hiring, directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules. Appraise performance and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion and termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years experience in conferencing or similar field with at least two years experience in a supervisory role; experience within a school setting a plus.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred, but not required.
- Oklahoma Standard Teaching Certificate preferred, but not required.
Tulsa Tech - 19 months ago