FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION OF CANDIDATE NEEDED
Senior Java/J2EE developer.
Duties include full systems life cycle support and development for new web services. The candidate will require Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) technologies. 6+ years experience with Java/J2EE development required. A JAVA certificate (SCJP 1.6) will substitute for 1 year experience. The work will be performed on-site in Alexandria, VA.
• Must be a US Citizen and capable of obtaining an IT-II clearance.
• Bachelors Degree (computer science, information systems major preferred).
• 6+ years of hands-on experience developing J2EE applications or JAVA certificate (SCJP 1.6) plus 5 years experience.
• 3+ years experience developing Java applications using STRUTS.
• 1+ years experience with relational databases and SQL.
• Full life cycle experience, involved in requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
• Demonstrated experience researching and evaluating new technologies.
• Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills.
• Excellent communication abilities - written and oral.
• Focus on timely and quality delivery of solutions.
• Ability to design, code, test and deploy J2EE applications using an object oriented approach.
• Ability to respond to customer problems/needs.
• Ability to interact with operations, support, and customer groups.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Strong understanding of modern software configuration management.
• Developing team leader skills. Ability to work effectively with a team and with clients.
• 2+ years
of experience using the JSF web application framework.
• Experience in Agile systems development life cycle a plus.
• Experience in object oriented analysis and design a plus.
• Experience with Java/XML API a plus.
• Experience with Oracle Application Server and Oracle JDeveloper a plus.
• Experience with the Java-based build system, MAVEN a plus.
• Experience with CVS version control software a plus.
• Experience with JUnit a plus.
• JAVA 1.5/1.6
• Spring Framework
• Mapping technologies
Security Level Requirement:
Bay State, Inc. (Bay State) was founded and incorporated in the State of Maryland in October 1988, and is a minority, woman-owned, small...