This position is for a hands-on senior data architect with a minimum of 10 years working in the financial IT community. Candidate must possess a strong background in database (Sybase, Oracle, and/or Teradata), design and implementation including data warehouse, operational data stores, and data marts. Candidate should have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL, performance tuning, ETL (Perl, Informatica), reporting (Business Objects), and data analysis.
The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able work with both users and IT team members in a highly collaborative team environment. Candidate should be disciplined, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and delivery-focused.
Morgan Stanley has recently embarked on an aggressive strategy to increase capabilities and assets in the banking space (mortgages, lending, etc.). To support this rapid business expansion, the growth of technology capabilities and services is critical. The position is in a data architecture group focused on delivering both tactical and strategic database solutions to support sales reporting and risk analysis for retail banking. The individual will participate in the development on data warehouse projects and consult on other strategic and tactical database initiatives. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities, vendor capabilities, proprietary system builds, and the ability to adapt to changing database platforms (Sybase, Teradata, Oracle).
- Extensive database/data warehouse design experience (ERWin preferred)
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with data integration ETL development
- In-depth knowledge and hand-on experience with reporting and analytic tools such as Business Objects, SAS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of database systems, specifically Teradata, Sybase, and/or Oracle
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Data Virtualization tools such as Composite, Informatica
- Strong SQL and database performance tuning skills
- Batch processing and scripting in UNIX/Linux Environment (shell scripting, autosys, Perl)
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience in the Financial Industry, Retail Mortgages
- Experience with data service architecture
- One or more Informatica, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Hyperion/BRIO
- Desired but not mandatory
o Skills in database performance tuning are strong pluses
o Experience with Java, Perl or any other programming language
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates...