Deluxe Digital Studios (DDS) is a leading supplier of DVD, Blu-ray, BD Live, and digital distribution post production services, including subtitling and localization, theatrical dubbing services, video compression, encoding, authoring, menu design, bonus content production, audio, and network services. DDS is a global company with presence in 6 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
We currently have an opening for a Purchasing Manager. This position is located in Burbank, California. Position Overview
Negotiate contracts (prices and terms) with vendors and resolve issues with complex purchase orders and contracts. Place orders for supplies and materials as needed.
- Negotiate long term contracts and agreements with vendors. Keep up-to-date with contract terms and vendor issues.
- Review quotes, score responses, negotiate prices, and award business as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for timely issuance of all vendor purchase orders, including tracking of shipments and invoices, logging and documentation.
- Manage purchase orders by reviewing, verifying, and investigating problems with purchase orders. Resolve issues by communicating with appropriate parties.
- Manage assigned contracts or pricing agreements to monitor pricing and time left on contract. Make recommendations as to contract extension or preparation for bid process.
- Communicate with users, as needed, to review delayed orders, problem orders, back orders or shipping delays in order to expedite the process.
- Code all vendor invoices with proper general ledger coding, obtain necessary budget holder approvals, and ensure timely delivery to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Participate in the budgeting process and monitor performance vs. budget.
- Assist Accounts Payable with prioritization process on a weekly basis to determine vendor payments.
- May be required to visit other company facilities.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting. 3 – 5 years of experience required. Experience creating and maintaining purchase orders with SAP required. Individual must be highly professional, detail-oriented, focused and able to work autonomously. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced production environment. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) required.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Monster - 2 years ago
There's nothing standard about this company's movie production and distribution services. Deluxe Entertainment Services Group pro...