RockTenn (NYSE: RKT)
RockTenn is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers. Over the years, Rock-Tenn has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITDA and stock price. We’ve done this by creating and following a bold strategy of: exceeding our customers' expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, Rock-Tenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The company now operates approximately 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and China. We employ 26,000 employees and are North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd largest producer of coated recycled paperboard, and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
We are seeking an IT Implementation and Support Analyst to be located in Norcross, GA.
The IT Implementation & Support Analyst is responsible for supporting end user systems and processes across all divisions in RockTenn. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day end user problem resolution after systems and processes are implemented, meeting with end-users to understand functional requirements, writing functional requirement documents to be used by development personnel, testing system functionality, and some training. The primary focus of the position is supporting our JD Edwards ERP system. Various other business systems also supported. The candidate must have good interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills and be technically adept.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Support end user problem resolution after RockTenn software and new business processes are implemented.
- Perform research on any reported problem.
- Answer questions, applying knowledge of custom and purchased software, hardware, and RockTenn processes and policies.
- Investigate and resolves computer software problems of users.
- Work with end users to understand business system enhancement requests and documents business requirements in functional requirement documents.
- Communicate with programmers to explain software enhancement needs and issues and recommend changes to programs and software functionality.
- Analyze issue trends and make recommendations to management and development about system enhancements.
- Test enhancements to system functionality.
- Assist Implementation Managers with implementation duties.
- Perform one-one and small group training.
Education/ Experience Requested
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to resolve complex issues while retaining a strong customer service focus
- Team player with the ability to adjust to disparate personalities and work well within a diverse organization.
- Ability to research system issues, formulate solutions, and present solutions to end-users.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to be available for phone support 24x7. Weekly on call support rotation every 6 weeks. Potential nation wide travel estimated up 30%.
- Minimum 3 years software support experience – JD Edwards applications experience required. MS Suite, Powerpoint experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Regular day-shift position
Able to lift 50 lbs.; must have the visual ability to read; must be sufficiently mobile as to access and operate equipment required to perform essential duties as described
At RockTenn, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider RockTenn as your employer of choice.
Rock-Tenn Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V