University of Pittsburgh Physicians is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant - Intermediate to help support the Department of Critical Care Medicine for its Oakland location. This position is Monday thru Friday daylight office hours. Under general supervision, provides varied administrative support to a department, a group of professionals or multiple departments.
Possess excellent written communication skills
- Under general direction, provides varied administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar (i.e., proactively schedules meetings on supervisor's behalf, makes recommendations for large meeting venues and catering, takes leadership role to ensure meetings flow smoothly).
- Composes routine, general, and unique/independent correspondence (i.e., sends more than standard emails, begins to modify content of email on behalf of department head, reads and answers correspondence).
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes moderately complex data and information. Composes straightforward written descriptions of results. Researches, drafts, and/or abstracts reports (i.e., conduct initial research to gather information for Supervisor regarding topic of interest).
- Assists supervisor and department with presentations (i.e., provides content editing/content recommendations in addition to standard proofing).
- Reviews administrative procedures and interprets them for employees.
- Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes expense reports).
- May make travel arrangements.
- May also perform all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant - Associate:
- Performs routine clerical functions, such as copying, sorting, filing, and typing. Sets up and maintains varied office files, logs, and records office activities.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment.
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls and messages. Responds to routine questions
- Greets, screens, and directs visitors to appropriate staff member.
Develop rapport with personnel s required to create and generate content
Write, edit, and finalize content to be posted on the website
Develop and write news stories for the website and other department publications
Facilitate department communications projects (e.g., liaise with Media Relations, reporters, annual report coordinators, etc.
Manage communication pathways between 'content providers¿ and 'approvers¿ and ensure information reaches the correct team members and is posted or produced in a timely fashion
Ensure all content is approved by all parties before publishing
Be familiar with and understand the clinical and research terminology used within critical care medicine
Be familiar with and understand the clinical and research processes within critical care medicine
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years experience in an administrative support role
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and database software
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products
- Working knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles and functions
- Ability to analyze data and use basic reasoning skills
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.