FACULTY POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Assistant Professor of Counseling
The University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM) School of Health Professions in the College of Health and Pharmaceutical Sciences invites applications for a tenure-track position in the School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2014 or when filled. The successful candidate will teach graduate classes and provide clinical supervision of practicum and internship students. An active program of research, including the pursuit of external funding is also expected. In addition, the candidate will also provide school, university, and professional service.
Qualifications for Assistant Professor:
Candidates should have a Ph.D. or equivalent in Counselor Education and Supervision. Candidates with degrees earned from related field such as Marriage and Family Counseling, Counseling Psychology, etc. will be considered if they were employed in a CACREP accredited school before 2013. ABD candidates will be considered, but must complete all degree requirements by December 2014. The candidate's qualifications will include:
Preferred Qualifications for Assistant Professor:
- School Counseling experience and eligibility for state and national certification.
- Training in providing clinical supervision of counseling
- Ability to successfully teach (including designing and implementing online courses) in a university setting
- Ability to teach requisite research and assessment courses in counseling
- Eligible as a state approved LPC supervisor
- Experience in providing mental health counseling and eligibility for mental health licensure in the state of Louisiana
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) certification
The School of Health Professions seeks a highly qualified, diverse applicant pool. ULM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. A review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit the following documents: (1) a cover letter describing how their educational background and professional experience meet the required and preferred qualifications for the position, (2) a current curriculum vitae, an unofficial transcript, and (3) contact information for three professional references. References should have current knowledge of candidates' professional work. An official or certified copy of transcripts, proof of degree, proof of license and proof of certification will be required prior to any interview as a finalist for this position. All communications and materials should be directed to: