Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites.
Position Description & Responsibilities
This Solaris/Unix Systems Administrator will be responsible for troubleshooting, critical thinking and autonomous problem solving. Some physical labor will be required, i.e moving and lifting servers, routing cables etc. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in a multitude of system administrative functions and services, including strong UNIX-based Server (Solaris, Linux) and Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008) administration, installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
Strong Solaris/Unix System administration and Linux (SUSE, RedHat) experience.
- Server installation, configuration, troubleshooting, patching
- Scripting (Shell/bash/sh, Perl preferred)
- HTTP server installation, configuration; Apache, etc
Windows Server administration experience
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, patching
- Active Directory
- DNS / DHCP
- Strong fundamentals and understanding of related concepts
- Installation and configuration of common network equipment like firewalls, routers and switches
Compuware - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and...