Job Opening ID:
Return to Previous Page
PPL Corporation, headquartered in Allentown, PA, generates electricity in six states, sells energy in key U.S. markets and serves nearly 4 million customers in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom. PPL is ranked among the Fortune 500 and employs more than 11,000 people. The company has four principal business subsidiaries: PPL Generation, PPL EnergyPlus, PPL Global and PPL Electric Utilities.
Corporate Communications, a department within our PPL Services organization, is seeking one student to work full time (40 hours/week) during summer semester 2011, in Allentown, PA.
A Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience.
Position will entail:
- Developing communications materials to support PPL public relations and employee communications initiatives.
- Analyzing communications challenges.
- Writing communications plans and communications materials (including news copy, promotional copy, ad copy, web copy).
- Coordinating work of other professionals on specific projects, including graphic designers.
- Recommending new ways to use emerging technologies.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or masters degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as a Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
- Have an acceptable overall grade point average, generally not lower than a 3.3.
- Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- 18 years of age or older.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Rising or current Junior working towards a degree in Communications, Journalism, and/or Public Relations.
- An excellent writer.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Comfortable with latest communications technologies and Web-based technologies.
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
How To Apply
1. Click on Apply Now button
2. Upload a new resume or select one you previously uploaded, or
cut and paste a resume from a Word document
3. Answer basic qualification screening questions
4. Answer questions regarding how the position meets your career
5. Click on Submit button
You can save your online response and come back at a later time to finish; however, you must hit Submit to actually send your completed online response.
NOTE: Once you submit your online response, you cannot go back and edit your online response or resume, nor can you re-submit for the same vacancy.
- 5 years ago - save job
PPL Corporation (PPL) is an energy and utility holding company, which through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in...