The Senior Software Development Project Manager must be a proven leader with extensive project management experience leveraging his/her team building, communication, planning, and organizational skills to proactively manage software development releases, system integration projects and software implementation activities to deliver projects on-time and within budget in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to associate technology features and functions with business requirements.
- Maintains strong project leadership, project management and analytical skills.
- Identifies and documents client business requirements and ensures project scope is well defined.
- Prepares ROI oriented Business Cases and Statements of Work (SOW) for moderate to complex business problems.
- Skilled at breaking down a large scope of work into discrete tasks and develops schedule and resource requirements
- Drives feature identification and prioritization through management of project scope.
- Prepares and maintains project schedules and monitors progress against schedules to achieve on-time or earlier deliveries.
- Manages customer expectations; the senior software development project manager is responsible for high quality client communication of proposed solution and timeline expectations.
- Conduct project team meetings regularly to assess project status from all project members, and provide timely project status, milestones, and issues to all stakeholders.
- Monitors the status of active projects and contractual commitments and provides a monthly summary to the stakeholders.
- May provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff to ensure adherence to engagement management and project management policies and procedures.
- Assists launch management with stakeholder communication plans for new releases
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship at this time. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
- 8 + years of experience with IT/Software Project Management with successful track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- 5 + years SDLC experience.
- Strong knowledge of XML and Web Services.
- Experienced at coordinating projects with offshore development teams.
- Excellent organizational and relationship building skills.
- Superior communication skills; oral, written, presentation, listening.
- Strong leadership skills in project management with ability to work effectively with cross-functional and client teams.
- Strong problem solving, decision making skills.
- Ability to meet delivery deadlines to support critical business decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Four-year college level course of study in computer science, or in non-computer science field.
- MBA or related post graduate degree a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
Only Southern California candidates will be considered.
Please submit resumes in MS Word format.