Position Title: Billing Manager- Supplies FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to: Director of Billing EEO Category: 1.2
Job Status: Full time
The manager is responsible for oversight of all processes within the Billing Department. This includes the documentation and coordination of billing requirements with payors, maximizing the efficiency of electronic claim and denial processing, assisting in documenting and monitoring work instructions in the fuctional areas of the department. Manages the authorization and billing of supplies. This includes designing and implementing improvements in authorization and billing processes and monitoring and reporting on the success of our supply business.
- Manages direct reports within the Billing – Supplies team. Assigns and allocates work, sets priorities and deadlines. Resolves personnel issues, guides and advises personnel in the performance of their work. Completes performance evaluations and makes recommendations on wages and promotions.
- Monitors volume and timing of supply transactions by employee and by payor. Identifies trends and proposes improvements as needed.
- Partners with Sales and Marketing to restructure and build a successful business model for our supply business.
- Participate as a team member of the Billing Department to drive alignment between functions across the department.
- Coordinate with AR and Collections Manager to improve authorization, billing and collection results with our third party billing partners.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years in a medical billing environment (durable medical equipment and/or medical supplies strongly preferred)
- Must have the ability to lead and coach others as well as the ability to interact and negotiate at all levels of the organization
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize work while meeting deadlines. Must be able to lead and manage projects effectively
- Must have strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor with solid customer service skills and demonstrated focus on teamwork in prior experience
- Experienced in using email, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel at an intermediate or higher level
General office environment that include frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting, fingering, repetitive motions of the hands/wrists, reaching, grasping and handling. This position also requires occasional bending, squatting, standing, and walking. Pushing, pulling lifting and carrying of up to 10 lbs. is required from time to time.
For more than twenty years, RS Medical has delivered leading clinical tools and procedure products, equipping the care of more than one...