Primary responsibility is to ensure project is completed according to specifications, within the projected time schedule, and in accordance with the Production Control Manager’s direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Duties are accomplished by maintaining direct involvement in each production phase, from the purchase of material through shipping, either performing required duties personally, or directly interfacing and/or assigning to responsible areas.
• Create work orders, create and/or review bill of materials, drawings and/or purchase requisitions to determine requirements for parts, materials, and/or services for the specific project.
• Evaluate drawings for accuracy.
• Monitor Manufacturing Process.
• Follow established purchasing procedures in requisitioning of materials.
• Coordinate availability of materials within the current inventory systems.
• Coordinate material movement with Material Handling department if applicable, and ensure the movement of the material, or work in process through the various stages of production. Provide departmental supervisory personnel with detailed and specific information concerning the order requirements, such as completion timetable and other critical information.
• Coordinate activity between departments for revised project drawings. Prepare and/or compile all necessary documentation related to the projects under their responsibility for distribution and discussion in production meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• May actually participate in some “hands on” production work associated with the project.
• Offer support to other departments, which may include training personnel.
• Work Order completion and job costing.
• Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
• High school education.
• Generally a minimum of one to three years prior production experience in a similar industry with full knowledge of the company’s organizational structure, products, production standards, procedures and policies, along with a good working knowledge of the machinery, equipment, tools, and skills applied in each trade.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good mathematical and measurement skills.
• Good working knowledge of computer and software.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to follow and relay detailed and complex instructions.
• Possess skills required for job performance as determined by supervisor.
• Prolonged sitting
• Walking, standing, bending, stooping, carrying and lifting of up to 20 pounds are all encountered throughout the workday.
• Subject to heat and cold