ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and manages the activities of the contracting function, including the execution and distribution of customer contracts, ensuring that the Company’s interests and corporate objectives are served.
- Negotiates and manages others in negotiating client contracts.
- Manages incoming customer documents and assesses content of documents for appropriate processing.
- Prepares and communicates information regarding contract status, risk, compliance, modifications, deviations, negotiations, and completion or termination. Ensures that contract risk profiles or ratings are provided for all contracts.
- In the course of conducting and managing contract negotiations, interacts with midrange and executive level management representing clients from a cross section of client departments including information systems, legal and finance.
- Works with the Sales department to prioritize and facilitate timely resolution of client contract issues.
- Coordinates resolution of residual contract issues within the company post contract execution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Thorough understanding of applicable contract law and related contract issues and trends.
- Proven negotiating techniques and skills.
- Effective leadership skills with a proven team-building work style in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative management, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Customer service oriented and a flexible team player with high energy.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues – excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels and departments within the company and with clients.
- Solid understanding of software licensing practices including related contractual terms.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- BA/BS degree, MBA or JD preferred
- 8+ years of contract administration experience
- 3-5 years of in a management or leadership role
- Contracting experience within the software industry or legal field, strongly preferred
Lanyon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
With more than 40 years of industry leading experience, Lanyon currently serves over 80% percent of the Fortune 100, including 10 of the top...