In the mountains above the sea is a place of extraordinary beauty, Ventana Inn & Spa - a magnificent Central Coast California resort. In Spanish, Ventana means window, and no more fitting name could be chosen for this Big Sur resort. Ventana Inn & Spa is a window to the dramatic vistas of the Pacific ocean, along with the green and gold flowered hills of the rugged Big Sur Coast.
Job Overview: Handle all telephone inquiries and requests accurately and efficiently by answering the telephones courteously, promptly, and professionally while promoting hotel services and ensuring maximum room revenues. Process Internet reservations accurately and efficiently by transferring guest data from various extranet and global distribution sites to property’s computer system. Assist in administrative duties as they relate to booking, tracking, charging, handling, and inputting reservations or to promoting the hotel’s pricing.
1. Must have previous hotel experience.
2. Must speak English fluently and clearly.
3. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
4.Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
5. Must possess telephone communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence potential hotel guests.
6. Ability to operate a computer.
7. Attention to details.
8. Must possess basic math skills.
9. Must be able to work a flexible schedule; including weekends, evenings and mornings.
1. Previous data entry and telephone experience is helpful.
2. Previous call center or reservation department experience is helpful.
3. Previous hotel reservations office experience is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answer telephones promptly and courteously. Enter guest reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately by segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using the hotel’s selling strategy and displaying knowledge of all rates, package plans, source codes and hotel services, in order to close out sale and up sell the hotel as appropriate.
• Process GDS/Internet/FIT reservations promptly and accurately. Enter guest reservations into the computer system while assigning reservations to the appropriate GDS/Internet/FIT categories (net) rates.
• Process group convention blocks and rooming lists properly by entering data into computer system using the appropriate market segments. Review group cover sheets to ensure accuracy and enter information into the computer system.
• Process accurate records/spreadsheets for coding and tracking reservations, advanced deposits, occupancy, competitive rate shops, transient history information, travel agent commission processing, no-shows and ERP.
• Maintain good relations with all guests and know and implement procedures for giving special attention to VIPs and ERP members.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the sales and front office areas, credit policy, different room types and hotel services.
• Monitor, sell, report closely and attempt to obtain alternate date reservations for all closed out dates by utilizing a wait list.
• Change and cancel reservations as guest requests. When canceling a reservation with deposit, complete an advance deposit refund requisition and process no-shows.
• Take reservations for suites, properly filling in necessary information following credit policy. Block rooms accordingly and distribute worksheet to departments involved.
• Report rate resistance and all problems to Director of Revenue Management.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Answer letters, emails, and send brochures and information in response to guest’s requests.
• Participate in hotel committees.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned on wine and cheese reception, daily yoga classes, Guided Discovery Walk, and a sumptuous breakfast complete the Ventana experience.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 12 months ago
Ventana Inn & Spa is committed to the environment. Following are some initiatives being taken to become a greener facility: