Job Title: Cosmetics Service Leader - 0651 Hatillo, Puerto Rico
Job ID: 314819
Location: Hatillo, Puerto Rico
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Provides customer service through direct sales management leadership of the Cosmetic department. Leads and participates in customer service and sales activities to achieve Cosmetic department sales and profit objectives; ensures all merchandising and store environment plans are fully implemented, store events effectively executed, and customer service is of the highest standard possible within the Cosmetic department. Coaches, develops and motivates Cosmetic associate to achieve productivity standards.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Is responsible for the sales and profit results of Cosmetic department. Manages the business through the utilization of available benchmarking tools. Develops and executes plans to capitalize on opportunities identified through benchmarking evaluations including utilization of store feedback to Home Office process.
2. Manages and participates in providing customer service in the Cosmetic department, to ensure customer service provided meets or exceeds the standard established by the Company. Ensures the achievement of personal sales and credit goals.
3. Manages selling associate’s activity through establishing associate sales goals, coaching and monitoring performance. Assures timely availability of qualified associates through active participation in the store’s recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training process. Develops, maintains or provides input into work schedules for the Cosmetic team based on hours allocated.
4. Is responsible for the environment in the Cosmetic department. Assists and provides leadership in the floor activities including replenishment, restocking, recovery, pricing and signing, and visual in the Cosmetic department. Assures proper execution of core standards. Assures Cosmetic department is well maintained, clean and safe by coordinating with management and supervisors as needed.
5. Is responsible for management of shrinkage within Cosmetic department. Identifies potential shrinkage issues and develops and executes plan to resolve within company policy and guidelines. Ensures merchandise returns are processed in accordance with Company standards.
6. Develops and conducts appraisals of associate performance by evaluating the effectiveness of customer service, selling skills, productivity and overall performance of assigned associates.
7. Approves returns, adjustments, refunds and exchanges in a positive manner.
8. Ensures associate training has been administered to achieve the Company goals. Provides coaching and development of selling techniques, product knowledge and prospecting skills. Ensures 90% of time is used on the floor providing coaching and training.
9. Performs other management and support functions in the Cosmetic department as directed by the Store Manager.
10. Assists management in supporting Company sales building programs including Catalog Referrals, Credit, Gift Card and other programs and promotions implemented by the Company.
MINIMUM POSITION SPECIFICATION GUIDELINES
• Ability to train others in the use of various selling skills and Company procedures.
• Ability to provide sales floor leadership and motivate others to meet established customer service levels and sales goals.
• Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising good judgment in the decision making process.
• Requires application of special or trade knowledge and pertinent selling techniques for cosmetics.
• Thorough knowledge of all Company cash, credit handling, and catalog procedures.
• Candidate must have successfully supervised a sales team and have strong organizational skills.
• Two or more years retail experience in cosmetic selling or supervision is required.
• Candidate must demonstrate high personal standards and be a self-starter.
• Experience working in a commission environment is preferred.
JCPenney - 2 years ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...