The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager with serving customers and maintaining the Pharmacy department. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Perform all functions and duties of a Pharmacy Service Representative to ensure prompt service in the Pharmacy Department.
2. Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
3. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law.
4. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law.
5. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state law.
6. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law.
7. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions and input customer and prescription data into the computer system where permitted by law.
8. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
9. Assist in inventory management processes including: order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
10. Administer Rite Aid programs including: FlavoRx, Living More, etc.
11. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Experience / Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and smallgroup situations to customers, clients, and other associates. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
RiteAid.com - 22 months ago