Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Electrical
Job Title :
Electrical Designer III
Type of Position:
- Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience.
- Experience applying an intermediate level of understanding within electrical engineering
- Candidate must be familiar with codes, permits, and software applications related to electrical engineering
- Candidate must be familiar with the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
- Candidate must understand the purpose of vendor documents and uses them as a reference for assigned tasks.
- Candidate must have basic knowledge of the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
- Candidate must have basic knowledge of the process of performing material take-offs for the discipline.
- Candidate must have a basic understanding of the discipline’s equipment and material lists.
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Capability with 2D and/or 3D plant design is recommended.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking an Electrical Designer to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the company, project, or contract.
SCOPE: The Designer is responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes, and design criteria established by the project’s discipline engineers.
RELATIONSHIPS: Designer: Works under the direction of the Design Supervisor or Lead Designer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Works to project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
We invite you to take the next step toward
- Coordinates work with that of others in discipline group and other discipline groups on the project.
- Prepares complete information for design details, bill of materials, etc., that can be distributed to other design or draft personnel for completion.
- Understands project scope as presented within a specific discipline.
- Ensures that designs are consistent with project technical requirements and scope.
- Provides support for client’s engineering deliverables.
- Advises the Design Supervisor, Lead Designer or Supervising Discipline Engineer about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
- Checks assigned drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups throughout the project to ensure quality designs.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to other design and draft personnel and is responsible for neatness and accuracy of work.
- Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned design tasks.
- Plans and schedules design tasks associated with assigned project.
- Keeps proper files and records related to assigned design activities.
- Develops understanding of industry codes and standards.
- Understands and uses computer software and applications associated with design assignments.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies.
- Develops an understanding of the role of each of the other disciplines in Engineering.
- Conforms to company core values.
- Acts with integrity in all elements of responsibility.
- Expresses ideas clearly and listens effectively to the ideas of others.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...