Responsible for providing Quality Assurance services to projects, maintenance activities and taking ownership of the quality of multiple applications while conducting Quality Assurance development processes, developing test solutions, and assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards. Analyzes business requirements for completeness, testability and develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, test data and will carry out the Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
1. Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability.
2. Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities.
3. Performs execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and reports them.
4. Identifies and tracks system defects, Performs root cause analysis of the defects and works with the development team to resolve them.
5. Partners with test leads and architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
6. Performs and coordinates system verification and validation test activities utilizing various tools such as HP Quality Center/Application lifecycle Management.
7. Performs Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
8. Provides mentorship to more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as needed.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
• 5-7 years of experience in the Information Services field, focusing on Quality Assurance activities and testing.
• Minimum 5 years experience with Quality Assurance processes and testing methodologies.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
Functional Test Area
• Performs Black Box testing of different applications and products for multiple projects
Performance & Security Test Area
• Performs Performance and/or Security testing of different applications and products for multiple projects
Automation Test Area
• Performs test automation utilizing testing tools such as HP Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Load Runner, HP Service Test etc.
White Box Test Area
• Performs white box, grey box testing of applications and products for multiple projects.
Test Tools Area
• Performs set up, installation, upgrade and administration of testing tools such as HP Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Load Runner, HP Service Test etc.
Test Process Area
• Defines, documents Quality Assurance testing processes, best practices and test governance. Develops procedures, templates and work instructions for implementing Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards. Provides guidance, training and mentoring to Quality Assurance and project teams.
Bank of the West - 19 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...