Established in 2003, CITYTECH, Inc. specializes in enterprise application development, implementation, web experience management, mobile application development, cloud enablement, and managed services. The complexity of our work requires agility, efficiency and flexibility. CITYTECH is a certified partner of leading technology providers such as Adobe, Amazon Web Services and Red Hat. Our employees are the best and brightest professionals who possess strong character, a steadfast work ethic, and dedication to fulfilling commitments. Our team environment makes CITYTECH a place where people feel welcome and encouraged to contribute. We encourage input from team members regardless of age, education or experience level. What that means for you is the opportunity to be recognized while ultimately defining your own career path. Right now, we're looking for enthusiastic team players who are equally comfortable collaborating with others or working independently in a fast-paced, business casual environment who want to be part of a stable and growing company.
About the Job
This position is for those individuals who have interest and knowledge in both the application and system space, and who would like to contribute towards building scalable and flexible cloud-based infrastructure systems.
CITYTECH is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our managed services team. Candidates enjoy solving scalability issues, treating infrastructure as code, managing hundreds of servers you will never physically touch, coding custom monitoring solutions, and prototyping new solutions.
The primary function of this position has two aspects: 1) Engineering and Development 2) Operations and Support. From the engineering and development aspect, our team designs new systems for internal infrastructure and cloud-based systems. From an operations and support standpoint, our team provides 24x7 support, troubleshooting, upgrades, patching, and deployments for our managed services clients.
This position is for our Chicago office, located at 211 W. Wacker Dr., Suite 1300, Chicago, IL. 60606
- Automate system build processes and various systems administration tasks including patching and backups
- Design and configure monitoring solutions and perform analysis of operational metrics
- Work with various content delivery networks
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to implement caching/persistence tier applications
- Configure Web Content Management applications for large scale deployments
- Federating corporate identity information from on-premise to the cloud
- Work with major cloud service vendors including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Configure load balancers, firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Troubleshoot & triage problem reports and resolve or escalate as necessary
- Provide excellent customer service in the resolution of support issues, including participation in a 24x7 support rotation.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline
- 1 – 2 years of experience required (this can include previous internships or independent projects)
- Linux system administration and scripting skills (Ubuntu and Red Hat Enterprise Linux a plus)
- Hosted and cloud-based service experience preferred
- Understanding of cloud vendors such as Amazon Web Services (previous experience with AWS tools such as EC2/S3/RDS/ELB a plus)
- Fast-thinking problem solver with an automation-oriented approach
- Ability & willingness to perform off-hours upgrades, maintenance and support
- Exposure to DevOps practices, including automation and configuration management, and highly available environments
- Ability to communicate with external customers in the resolution of support issues
- Knowledge of monitoring (e.g., Zabbix, Keynote, etc) and configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Knowledge of Ruby / Ruby on Rails or other modern web development platforms preferred
- Experience with configuring and managing Apache Web Server
- Industry Competitive Salaries including discretionary year end bonuses
- Medical and Dental Insurance offered through BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- Vision Plan, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- Comp Time Bonus for billable employees
- Pre-tax public transportation benefits
- Choice of laptop/OS (we encourage Apple MacBook Pro)
- Paid Training/Conference and Career Advancement
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company sponsored social events throughout the year
Linux, UNIX, Shell, Perl, Installation, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Design, automation, Amazon, AWS, EC2, VMware, Red Hat,, Ubuntu, Automation, Data Center, Chef, Puppet, Zabbix, Keynote, Akamai