Summary: The International OSA (Orthopaedic Skills Academy) Medical Education Manager is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of Biomet sponsored educational initiatives for International surgeons and Team Members including: large scale surgeon symposiums, regional surgeon focus meetings and instructional courses, KOL surgeon visitation outside the United States (OUS) and program management and support for International attendance at Biomet U.S. surgeon meetings, sales meetings, and major orthopaedic congresses. The International Med Ed Manager also works closely with the corporate OSA team, the International marketing teams and with team members outside the U.S. on developing new educational strategies and achieving local and regional education initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the International Medical Education and Marketing Teams in the development of new and continuing education strategies and objectives that identify the education needs of international surgeons in our Asia Pacific, Latin America and Canadian markets
- Prepare, organize, and manage all aspects of Biomet International sponsored meetings for international surgeons and team members; developing course agendas, creating meeting/promotional materials and all communications
- Responsible for working with KOL surgeon chairmen to develop new and relevant curriculums for surgeon symposiums and regional surgeon focus meetings that address the product education needs of our International markets
- Work with Hotel and Transportation companies on negotiating contracts for major International regional meetings and events
- Work together with the U.S. OSA education team on the coordination and logistics of all International participating surgeons attending major U.S. Biomet sponsored Symposiums and Instructional courses
- Responsible for conducting pre-event hotel site visits as needed and hosting/managing all on-site logistics for major surgeon symposiums and events
- Assists with local/regional planning and coordination of International country specific Training and Education events for surgeons including Product Launches, Instructional courses and Masters meetings
- Prepares comprehensive itineraries for International OUS surgeon visitations and in-country surgeon roadshows including all logistics for traveling surgeons such as hotel reservations, air and ground transportation, Visa requirements, etc. for multi-day visitations
- Works closely with all U.S. and International key faculty/designing surgeons to maintain and increase Biomet’s surgeon relationships and business partnerships
- Responsible for creating an annual education budget for OUS visitations and large symposiums and all individual event budgets to generate accurate reporting documentation; includes processing all expenses generated during each event and initiating all charge-backs to each country or SBU is done on time and adheres to compliance expense guidelines
- Collaborate with the European Training and Education team to support and promote U.S. KOL surgeon visitations to Europe and to develop and share resources as needed
- Assist with identifying and developing new US and International faculty KOL surgeons for use with surgeon visitations/education outside the U.S.; communicating and scheduling faculty for individual visitation weeks (roadshows) and working directly with their office staff for all logistics and coordination
- Update and maintain the Global Surgeon Matrix for HCP faculty that indicates their approved compliance services/status and current product experience required to support our OUS visitation program and large surgeon symposiums
- Assist with the development, launch and communication of Web-Based or App-driven educational platforms to support the education of International surgeons and Biomet International team members
- Manage multiple deadline driven projects simultaneously and demonstrate effective time management skills while maintaining accurate and detailed records within compliance guidelines
- Serve as a liaison between Biomet Headquarters (all SBUs), European Training and education team members, International offices/distributorships and key International and U.S. surgeons when developing and executing educational initiatives
- Adhere to all Corporate Compliance guidelines including the Global Operating Procedures and other country specific regulations pertaining to the participation in Biomet sponsored and Industry sponsored surgeon educational programs
- Assist with creating and maintaining all Training and Education compliance documentation, including yearly Needs Assessment documents, US and International HCP faculty nominations, surgeon contracts, surgeon payments and assist with the surgeon due diligence process
- Travel within the US, Canadian, Latin America and Asia Pacific regions to support educational events when needed – up to approximately 20 %
- Understand and support all the International Medical Education programs when needed, including the Surgeon-to-Surgeon Visitation Program, Extended Surgeon Visitation Program and the Cadaver Lab Surgical Skills Program
- Performs related duties as required
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing, Communications or a related field from an accredited college or university is required. At least 5 years of Meeting Planning, Event Coordinating, Conference and Travel, Medical Education Course Planning or related industry work experience is also required. Experience in the Medical/Healthcare surgical skills lab environment is strongly preferred.
Required Skills And Abilities:
Foreign Language Skills:
- Accountability for Results
- Customer Focus (Internal & External)
- Analytical & Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving Skills
- Creativity & Innovation
- Actively Drive Solutions
- Work Independently
- Planning, Organizing & Multi-tasking
- Organizational Savvy & Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written & Verbal
- Confident Presentation Skills
- IT/Computer Savvy
- People Leadership and Team Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional and International Culture Sensitivity & Awareness
Fluency in a foreign language, especially Spanish or an Asian language (in particular Chinese, Japanese or Korean) is beneficial and preferred.
Travel is required and is estimated at up to 10-12 weeks a year and could include international and domestic locations.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of objects and materials of weight up to 25 pounds.
When the leg bone and the knee bone don't connect so well anymore, Biomet may have a solution. Orthopedic specialists use the medical...