The Peer1 Hosting Release Engineer will be responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining build and release technology while working to decrease manual day-to-day operations through automation. As a Release Engineer, you will be required to work hands-on with various technologies and tools to improve automation while constantly looking for ways to save time. A strong Release Engineer will be required to have a focus on enterprise level best practices that deliver high quality results while constantly striving for operational excellence.
Required Skills and Experience
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle from functional requirements gathering to the design and execution of software releases
- Design and support tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Ensure all automated release processes are running efficiently
- Assist in performing branch and merge operations as required by the development teams
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of version control
- Work with and provide communication to multiple project teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4 years of professional experience in release engineering or software development with a willingness to learn new tools and technology
- 3 years of experience with creating RPM, Debian, or MSI packages
- 2 years of experience with internet protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP and etc.
- 2 years of experience using Linux or Unix systems
- Experience with compiled languages such as Java and interpreted dynamic languages such as PHP and Perl
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience supporting testing activities for multiple enterprise applications
- Experience with deploying large scale and globally distributed systems
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Self-motivation in analyzing problems and getting to the root cause of the problem
- Ability to review functional requirements, design documents, and source code
- Experience with source code versioning systems such as SVN or GIT
- An understanding of continuous integration and tools that support this such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your cover letter and resume
- Closing Date: We are committed to hiring the best people for our PEER team, therefore this position will remain open until we find the right fit! Be sure to apply right away, we don’t want to miss the opportunity to meet our next superstar.
- This is a featured opportunity.