Under the supervision of the Toolpusher, the employee inspects, services and repairs machinery and drilling equipment such as engines, motors, pumps, winches, pneumatic, hydraulic and rig moving systems by performing the following duties
· Perform daily preventative maintenance checks to ensure equipment is operating within proper limitations
· Troubleshoot mechanical failures for root-cause and repair as required
o Caterpillar 3500 series engines and power generators
o Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
o Electrical and electronic systems
o Rig specific equipment (draw-works, top drives, mud pumps, moving systems, etc.)
· Document all work performed on work orders and entry into MP2 program daily
· Maintain critical spare parts inventory and initiate purchases orders for parts and equipment as required
· Sets up and operate power, air and hand tools to make and repair parts
· Train Motormen to properly maintain equipment and perform minor repairs as needed
· Maintain clear communication with rig crew, relief and supervisor
· Follow DDI policies and procedures
· Perform other duties assigned
· Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
· Company Values - Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon Drilling’s mission, vision and core values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
· Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
· Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
· Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
· 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Oil Rig Experience (required)
· Caterpillar 3500 series experience (required)
· Valid Driver’s License
· North Slope Experience (preferred)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions. Temperatures reach as low as 50 degrees below zero during the winter months. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, extreme heat and high noise levels. Employee will work in an environment where there is risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic and/or hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job.
An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a remote industrial environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Occasional lifting up to (1-50 lbs.) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
It is Doyon Drilling’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Doyon Government Group
- 2 years ago - save job