Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
Maintains solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
Able to apply advanced knife skills required for service.
Read, measure and execute recipes.
Maintain an exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking techniques.
Assist Chef and Sous Chefs and other department personnel as needed in execution of service.
Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups.
Skillfully and knowledgably work each kitchen stations.
Maintain supervisory role in the absence of the Chef and/or Sous Chefs.
Ensure food quality is superior and take action to correct any irregularities.
Conduct training for cooks, pantry workers and kitchen helpers on job responsibilities.
Produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service.
Conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels.
Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
Follow all health and safety regulations.
Perform other job related duties requested.
- At least 2 years of cook experience in a similar position.
- Have a working knowledge of knives and knife skills.
- Have a working knowledge of equipment to include, slicing machine, juicer, CR Yovac machine, small wares equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of weights, measures and various cooking techniques.
- Have a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 8 months ago