Dialysis Nursing Manager - I-2 Acutes
Requisition #: 77112
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Department: I-2 In Unit
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Leadership/Management
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Hospital Detroit Campus
Location (State/City): US-MI-Detroit
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
Greenfield Health Systems is recognized as one of the leading dialysis and renal care providers in the country. We currently manage 18 units in Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio that provide acute, chronic, daily home hemodialysis, home peritoneal dialysis, and transplantation services.
Greenfield Health Systems (GHS), a division of the Henry Ford Health System and Community Care Services, has been a major contributor to numerous local and national research and educational initiatives since its inception in the dialysis arena in the early 1970's. Our GHS staff consists of approximately 500 physicians, nurses, technicians, dietitians, social workers, financial analysts, and other allied health professionals and provides dialysis, counseling, and referral services to over 2000 patients annually.
Our medical advisory board, consisting of medical directors from each program/unit, provides the oversight and governance required by Federal and State agencies to meet practice and reimbursement guidelines for ESRD patients.
Our programs utilize state-of-the-art equipment and our extensively trained and experienced staff and management teams contribute their expertise to further advances in research and provide vital links to the communities we serve.
To learn more, visit HenryFord.com or http://www.ghsrenal.com/
- Coordinates and evaluates the activities of the dialysis programs
- Ensures comprehensive, quality care for the patient on dialysis
- Strive to fulfill the organizations mission, vision, values, philosophy and goals
- Responsible for organizing and implementing educational programs, and providing development opportunities for staff
- Participates in the administration of unit policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all Federal End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) requirements are met
- She/he represents the organizations in a professional manner
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed and current registration as a professional nurse in the state of the position
- Previous supervisory experience required, preferably in dialysis
- One year of clinical nursing experience plus an additional six months of dialysis nursing experience
- Previous experience in critical care or dialysis
- Acute and home program experience
- Previous knowledge of peritoneal dialysis
- Also may require that you provide direct patient care when necessary
- BSN preferred
-* This position requires 8 hour shifts, Mon-Fri-may and may also require Sat work
-* Benefits are effective the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment**
- Medical / Vision
- Employee and Dependent Life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- CTO benefits accrue after 90 days
- Short Term Disability is effective the first of the month following six month
- Tuition is effective after one year
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 17 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...