Reporting to the designated supervisor or manager, operate motor vehicles on and off auction premises for transport, pickup and delivery in support of auction activities. Safely move, stage, and park vehicles in the correct lot area. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person.
A. Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
3.Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the supervisor or designated manager of all complaints or incidences.
5. Immediately report to manager or supervisor anything that occurs which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle.
6. Immediately report to manager or supervisor all driving related incidents to include traffic citations, warnings, accidents or mechanical problems experienced on either private or public property whether on or off the job.
7. Always operate motor vehicles safely and practice conservative, cautious, and courteous driving habits.
8. Perform various pick up and delivery duties such as bank deposits, mail pickup and delivery, and other tasks as assigned by supervisor in support of daily auction activities.
9. Maintain and assure good operating condition of all equipment and facilities. Advise supervisor or manager of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
10. Maintain work area and conditions to ensure safe environment for all employees and customers. Respond to and follow proper company policy procedures involving accidents (customer or employee), injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to manager of supervisor immediately.
11. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures in accordance with policy. Report all incidents properly and immediately to supervisor or manager.
12. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must not be under the influence of any condition or substance that could distract or impair the ability to safely and efficiently operate a motor vehicle. Must submit to and pass controlled substance investigation and testing in accordance with company policy. Must be able to read English and/or comprehend motor vehicle traffic signs. Must be insured and/or insurable if required by the state. Must not have a motor vehicle record or criminal record that does not meet the minimum standards set by company policy.
The physical requirements of the position are Heavy Physical Work (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions).
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Mobile Equipment Operator Standard. (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Constant –balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion
Occasional – standing
Potential – climbing, crawling
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards such as electrical and mechanical equipment, cleaning and pesticides chemicals, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with car exhaust, internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum operations.
Adesa Inc. - 23 months ago
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...