Perform daily procurement activity by processing requisitions and performing MRP analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements, while maintaining proper inventory levels in support of manufacturing.
Coordinate quality issues with suppliers as required and manage supplier returns.
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex part drawings and specifications.
- Must have extensive experience (minimum 10 years) sourcing complex mechanical custom components, including but not limited to Multiple Axis CNC Machined, Swiss Screw Machined, Plastic and Rubber Molded, & Four Slide, and Progressive Stamped parts.
- Addresses quality concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develops and enhances relationships with strategic supplier/partners; serves as the primary contact with suppliers, and supports the initial qualification and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
- Coordinates early supplier involvement in product development and procures the required materials to support product development and product launches.
- Actively works on and supports the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities.
- Ensures that confidentiality agreements and other necessary contracts/OEM agreements are established with suppliers.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Has supplier contact responsibility for Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions/activities.
Analyze and report on supplier execution to determine factors affecting pricing, quality, on time delivery (accuracy and completeness) performance across commodities and implement improvements
Manage and expand VMI agreements where possible to continue to reduce inventory.
Review open invoices and insure timely three way match requirements to keep all suppliers current as shown in the weekly tracking report.
Reduce procurement cost and improve responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
Assist in aligning strategic procurement goals and objectives with quarterly deliverables, weekly activities and daily schedules.
US Security Clearance Required
- Minimum AS degree, BS degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in sourcing custom mechanical components in a high tech environment.
- Familiarity with compliance initiatives such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ITAR, FARS, and ISO.
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Must have a strong analytical background
- Must have experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
- Must have proven negotiation skills and documented VMI experience
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L-3 Communications - 2 years ago
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...