The Digital Consultant is responsible for growing profitable existing customer relationships through discovery of key customer business issues and the sale of DDC solutions that increase the customer’s digital marketing effectiveness.
The goal of this position is to drive service led solution sales by establishing trusted advisory role relationships with existing clients within their assigned Territory via Web presentations and phone calls. This position focuses on understanding the dealer sales needs, marketing strategies, and business requirements in order to effectively recommend appropriate solutions, close sales and meet assigned quotas. This role also focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting accurately on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; and meeting assigned business objectives.
This position will work closely with their Territory Director and aligned Digital Advisors within their client base on a daily basis to achieve monthly objectives.
The Digital Consultant revenue generation efforts will require excellent communication and presentation skills, reaching business targets by generating up-selling opportunities using the following techniques:
1. Identification of sales opportunities by working closely with Digital Advisors, including researching target accounts and leading conference calls with the Digital Advisor to assess client needs
2. Initiate prospecting calls during OEM upgrade sales initiatives
3. Respond to Marketing leads from existing clients
4. Leverage existing client relationships to up-sell into sister stores
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work with their assigned Territory Director to clearly define monthly objectives
- Work with assigned Digital Advisors ongoing to identify territory up-sell targets
- Proactively engage clients directly during targeted OEM upgrade initiatives.
- Create and deliver sales proposals that adhere to the standard terms and conditions of DDC sales agreements and which have been accepted and approved by the DDC contract analyst team and sales management.
- Identify decision makers, near term client business issues, pain points and challenges, about which DDC can improve, enhance, or remedy the situation.
- Lead client discussions and presentations via Web based meetings and phone calls. Schedule and lead follow up meetings as needed.
- Structure sales and negotiate terms within the boundaries of DDC pricing philosophy and policy.
- Uncover and generate regional Raving Fan client references and testimonials.
- Identify and escalate client issues and concerns which you believe require senior management level intervention to the Territory Director &/or Director of Dealer Services.
- Achieve assigned productivity goals and meet minimal sales performance standards (QUOTA), maintain organizational standards for managing dealer contact and consulting activity, and adhere to our corporate values in all business activity.
- Complete weekly pre-call research activity (Call Plan) at assigned activity levels and log acquired business intelligence into SFA database. Follow the prescribed DDC sales process to manage optimal results.
- At the beginning of each month, complete a forecast for each month’s productivity and update at the beginning of each business week and review with your Sales Director. Forecast accuracy is expected to be within 5% plus or minus actual end of month results.
- Provide reports as directed. Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of daily, weekly and monthly sales planning activities. Know and understand sales pipeline protocol and sales stage definitions as provided by the Director of Dealer Services. Be prepared to discuss your current pipeline and advanced opportunity meeting results in detail daily.
- Client Relevancy: Add value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the dealer client, convey a firm understanding of the dealer’s business drivers, display executive presence by building rapport and credibility at all dealership personnel levels , effectively influence the prospective dealer customer to discover the value of a solution; clearly connecting solutions to dealer business issues.
- Multi-Tasking: Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple initiatives and shift focus between several projects on a daily basis.
- Strategic Business Planning: Demonstrate significant knowledge of DDC products and services, deep knowledge of Digital Automotive Strategies/Best Practices, understanding of the retail automotive industry while developing strategies for creating customer value by leveraging DDC’s core strengths and platform capabilities.
- Consulting and Partnering: Help the dealer customer to understand their business needs, offer advice and solutions, and operate from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative communication style. Work effectively across multiple departments to ensure the best interest of the client is achieved.
- High Impact Communication: Clearly and succinctly convey ideas and information to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that enables clients to see new possibilities and drives action.
Education and Work Experience:
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills
- Capable of facilitating and directing a discussion in a consultative manner
- Present solutions with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and honesty
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient level computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using CRM software solutions for prospects and managing sales pipelines
- Detailed, organized and systematic
- Highly energetic self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively
- Able to multi-task activities while adhering to company policy, systems and shifting priorities
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred but 3-4 years of relevant work experience are acceptable substitutes.
Dealer.com - 21 months ago