- ARRT Registered or registry eligible
- ARRT Registered preferred
- 3 years relevant experience
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine ultrasound procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The Ultrasonographer produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. Additionally, the Ultrasonographer supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for ultrasound examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs ultrasound examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in Ultrasound. Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of ultrasound services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Disinfects equipment and ultrasound probes according to hospital standards and adheres to standard precautions at all times.
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and by the third ring. Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective Radiology communications.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction. Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the ultrasound cross-training program.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the Ultrasound Section utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- RDMS registered or registry-eligible in Ultrasonography. (If registry-eligible at time of hire, must pass registry examination within one year of hire date.) Preferably ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology.
- Preferably AART registered in Radiologic Technology.
- Registry in Abdomen/Small Parts, OB/GYN, Vascular, and Neurosonography preferred.
- Completion of accredited program in ultrasound or six months relevant experience.
- Three years relevant experience preferred.
Mary Washington Healthcare - 30+ days ago