Cyber Systems Administrator 4
United States-Maryland-Fort Meade
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for Servers with experience in installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and / or NT based platforms. Administration experience must include account maintenance, enterprise backup / recovery strategies, system configuration file maintenance, and support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, and ten years of experience in system administration (5 additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree)
- Valid Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification required
Selected candidate will have experience in installation, configuration, tuning, and support of:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Servers running Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64, Red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Large memory SMP systems with many cores
Enterprise client server configurations
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and VXFS
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAS,FC,TCP/IP, etc.)
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Citrix
- Virtualization products; VMware and Solaris containers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...