Knowledge of adult learners, workforce and economic development issues, community development, and the management of fiscally sound educational programs preferred. A commitment to helping adults achieve their educational goals and to fostering collaboration within the University context is essential. Proven ability to manage human, physical, and fiscal resources for entrepreneurial operations required.
- Provide vision and leadership for a student-centered, entrepreneurial-based, continuing education program located in our Continuing Education office in Williamsport, PA.
- Create an environment and services that facilitate student success. Implement and evaluate credit courses, programs, and student services aimed at the adult learner in the region.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Continuing Education at University Park and Academic Outreach program portfolio Directors to provide appropriate programs to the Williamsport area.
- Dedicate significant effort to developing and maintaining relationships with local business, industry, and community organizations in order to serve the region effectively with educational offerings.
- Manage a financially sound mix of ongoing programming and new program initiatives.
- Be accountable for income and enrollment targets and operational expenditures in accordance with marketing strategies, program budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Report directly to the Director of Continuing Education at University Park. Typically requires a Master's degree or higher plus three years of related experience in continuing education at the University level or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding. We seek candidates who are able to demonstrate experience and ability to advance Outreach's diversity initiative.
Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- 4 years ago - save job
The Penn State College of Education serves approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students each year. The College prepares...