Clinical Nurse Specialist - Wyandotte
Requisition #: 71071
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Wyandotte
Department: Clinical Resource Office
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Location (State/City): US-MI-Wyandotte
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
- Under general supervision of the Nursing Administrator(s), provides leadership and clinical expertise within the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) spheres of influence to improve patient care, advance nursing practice and impact the health care delivery system
- Functions as a leadership team member as a partner with the Nurse Manager/Director to assure competence, practice standards, orientation and education
- Current Michigan Registered Nurse license
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with evidence of Nursing theory, research and clinical concentration in the care of the patient who is acutely or critically ill. If the candidate's Master's program did not contain a minimum of 500 clinical hours, the candidate will obtain a post-graduate certificate that meets the clinical component standard within 3 years of the date of hire and take a advanced practice nurse certification
- ANCC Clinical Nurse Specialist certification preferred. Any national Advance Practice Nurse certification should be obtained within 3 years of date of hire
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively more responsible experiences as a registered nurse in a clinical setting with expertise substantiated through education, experience and credentials
- 3-5 years of experience as an advanced practice nurse (Clinical Nurse Specialist) in the care of the geriatric patients preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
- Variable with exposure to communicable diseases due to patient environment
- Frequent walking and bending is required in performance of duties
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System
- 3 years ago - save job
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...