We are recruiting for a Mainframe Programmer with extensive COBOL, DB2 and JCL experience. This position will also be part of our HP Exstream Dialogue development team; candidates with exposure to HP Exstream software will be given first consideration. In this position, we will depend on your analytical skills, technical and leadership abilities, creativity and initiative, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This is a full time employee opportunity, located in our National Technology Center in Boca Raton, Florida . Candidates must live locally or be willing to relocate.
Please note: we will not be offering any type of sponsorship or visa transfers for work authorization purposes.
MUTUAL OF AMERICA is a financial services company, headquartered in New York City, with over $14 billion in assets, celebrating over 65 years in business. Since 1945, Americans have turned to Mutual of America to help plan for their retirement and meet their long-term financial objectives. Today, as in the past, Mutual of America remains financially strong and continues to be rated among the strongest life insurance companies in the industry by the major independent rating agencies.
We deliver retirement savings products and services to both small and mid-size group organizations and their employees. We are a company that unwaveringly stands by our commitments to our customers and our employees, and the larger community in which we live. We never lose sight of the needs of the people who depend on us every day to help safeguard their retirement savings. From our investment philosophy to our dedication to providing personable service, our Mission is to help individuals preserve and grow their assets for their future financial security. Customer service is one of our highest priorities; technology helps us achieve it.
Primary Job Functions:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Develops and implements project as assigned, with assistance of the MIS staff, providing technical leadership during assigned development and maintenance.
- Codes complex processes using strong technical or application knowledge and database expertise, and performs system integration tasks.
- Prepares specifications for complex processes and database computer systems involving on-line and/or batch procedures.
- Consults with Data Administration Manager, Systems Manager, Project Management team for database design, programming and implementation.
- Provides technical guidance to programmers. Analyze user requirements, evaluate tools, techniques and vendor software. Prepare designs and specifications for applications or programs.
- Assists in the formulation and documentation for test plans and project plans and reviews test results.
- Maintain systems technical currency with the industry and trends. Makes recommendations regarding short-term and long-term MIS direction.
HP Exstream Dialogue Experience A Plus:
- In-depth knowledge of COBOL, DB2, JCL and DB2 database tools (Expeditor, Fileaid).
- In-depth experience in design and development of batch database systems.
- Expert in relational database and SQL.
- Excellent communication skills to work cohesively in a team environment and support user communities.
- This position is essential to business operations; employees in this position must be available at all times, at the discretion of management, to perform their job functions including, but not limited to,the event of a potential hurricane or other emergency situation.
- College degree preferred.
COMPENSATION: Our competitive compensation plan offers a base salary plus annual bonus earning potential, targeted at 15% of salary, up to 22.5% of salary.
- Exstream programming experience.
- Understanding of Exstream concepts.
- Exposure to Exstream administration.
BENEFITS: Our exception benefits program starts on the first day of employment and includes,
Medical/Dental/Vision Flexibile Spending Accounts Pension Plan 401(k) Plan with company match Life Insurance 18 annual vacation days 9 company-paid holidays and more!
APPLY: Online, including salary requirements.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.mutualofamerica.com .
Monster - 13 months ago
Mutual of America Life Insurance provides retirement savings and employee benefit plans to small to midsized companies and to not-for-profit...