We are looking for a highly effective Senior eCommerce Business Analyst to join our team. An individual filling the role of eCommerce Business Analyst will provide thought leadership in ecommerce, ebusiness and web development including B2B and B2C transactional models. This person must be skilled in eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs as well as other documentation like requirement traceability matrixes, work-flow diagrams and use-cases. The individual should have direct experience in the tactical operations of an ecommerce website as well as defining and executing web-based solutions that involve purchasing goods and services leveraging an internet channel. Experience in brick and mortar B2B and B2C solutions is also preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This person should be familiar with user-centric and usability guidelines and have experience working in Agile or Agile-type environments.
- Plans and performs analysis of e-commerce activities and/or functions and guides the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of existing eCommerce applications
- Assist organizations with the process of capturing, cataloging, and maintaining critical application attributes
- Assist in developing new payment processing, purchase order payment options and catalog management procedures
- Assist with business process redesign, roadmap planning, loyalty programs, and identifying touch points through multi-channel applications.
- Support and transform clients off-line (retail, catalog and phone) offerings into effective on-line commerce channels through innovative systems and process design, systems integration, and multi-channel marketing
- Analyzes, interprets, and makes recommendations based on gathered data, in the form of formal proposals and/or presentations to upper management.
- Familiarity with large variety of PMO styles and are able to successfully implement those with IT management teams to establish and enable the processes required to consistently categorize, prioritize, and initiate projects
- Establish project management policies and guidelines that improve an organizations ability to execute IT projects with greater consistency, accuracy, and efficiency
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, recommend and implement appropriate software & system solutions that support and enable the delivery of core IT services
- Contribute to the business development process by participating in sales calls, assisting/leading proposal development efforts and delivering client presentations
- Lead and support client engagements effectively managing project scope, schedule, and resources
- Support the development of strong client relationships by building trust, rapport and strong working relationships with key sponsors, stakeholders, and team members
- Mentor and coach team members by sharing perspective and knowledge of IT Governance and maintaining open dialogue with colleagues and clients
- Contribute to the ongoing development of solution/program offering approaches, methodologies, techniques, and business development tools
- Demonstrated experience in tactical deployment and or re-launch of eCommerce application
- Experience with various SDLC implementing ecommerce applications and deploying new channels
- 5+ yrs of IT consulting experience with demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation
- Extensive experience with eCommerce and eBusiness applications
- Experience and hands on knowledge of implementing and integrating E-Business systems in many different types of environments.
- Experience with performing gap analysis outlining client gaps in technology, resources, and institutional knowledge necessary to deliver and execute a successful channel rollout.
- Knowledge of best practices in all areas of eCommerce including Catalog Management, Product Merchandising, Inventory Availability, Shopping Cart and Checkout, Order Management, Search and Guided Navigation, SEO, Personalization, Gift Registry, Customer Service
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all relevant parties especially at the senior management level
- Know how to lead, motivate and drive a team of creative individuals to accomplish great things
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Bachelors degree
50% travel flexibility - more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.
Acquity Group, LLC. - 14 months ago