Information Systems & Technology
USA-MD-Bethesda-Marriott International HQ
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 17 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 71 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Support Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards applications with responsibility for: - enhancements and maintenance of our major Interfaces. - enhancements and maintenance of Marriott’s Rewarding Welcome (MRW) - enhancements and maintenance of Property VCS and Property Information - enhancements and maintenance of Rewards Partners programs
Specific responsibilities include:
Measurements of Success:
- Leads work within a programming team, providing technical guidance on overall methodology, practice and procedure for support and development to ensure understanding and utilization of Marriott International IR standards within Marketing Systems.
- Implements and advises others on detailed specifications for translation into structured application programs conforming to established Marriott IR SDLC methodology and standards
- Reviews application requirements and documents application design in accordance with Marriott IR SDLC methodology and standards.
- Participate in design reviews of applications projects in order to ensure a supportable product is delivered.
- Contribute to the effort to improve operational processes and procedures to maintain and improve service levels.
- Conduct training sessions with a focus on system resource configuration and utilization.
- Provide backfill for daily support responsibilities to enable a flexible response by the department in the support of various Applications Initiatives.
Complete assigned projects/deliverables within timeframe. Additionally:
1. Delivery of quality solutions
2. Innovative approaches to problem solving
3. Customer acceptance & satisfaction with end products
4. Demonstrate the ability to work independently or with limited supervision, knowing when to escalate issues
5. Demonstrate solid teamwork and open communication.
6. Actively participate as team member focusing on the long term technical solutions to product delivery
1. Manage large, medium and small initiatives from inception, through design, development, testing, implementation and post implementation support.
2. Manage requirements; provide requirements analysis, requirements clarification and system development for our various technology platforms.
3. Provide solution design, development and unit testing in transforming business needs into high quality, long term software deliverables.
4. Provide functional, security & performance verification.
5. Provide deployment support
6. Provide technical expertise and ensure value add for existing business processes
Specific Skills Required:
1. Experience with all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle, preferable across various mainframe and open systems platforms.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Strong project management skills with adherence to strict deadlines
5. Ability to provide technical direction and vision.
6. Ability to influence technical team members and business partners toward common goal.
Jan 31, 2012, 10:02:33 AM
Marriott - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...