Security Clearance Required:
(Requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph)
We have an immediate need for a seasoned UNIX System Administrator. To be considered, candidates must hold an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The ideal candidate will be able to provide support during core hours of 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. as well as 24/7 on-call support (rotational basis, core 8 hour day to be determined). Worldwide travel may be required in support of customers.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
Essential Job Functions
- System Administration for UNIX OS legacy servers. This includes server installations or upgrades.
- Solaris 10 experience, Red Hat Linux operating system experience, experience, exposure or training involving VMware or Sun Virtualization is a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following UNIX based systems is a plus: Cloudcover, Jumpgate, Baybridge, Mailorder
- Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs. Inform client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness of cost and compatibility. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions. Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Implements solutions and refines procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures. Conduct usability and costing studies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years technical experiences in a client server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures; highly complex systems implementations and organizational process such as Linux system administration.
- Experience with installation/configuration of desktop computers, grid servers and system design/upgrade design process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong ability to lead and work as part of a team
QuIC maintains five offices around the world to support client, partner and employee growth. The Vancouver office serves as our corporate...