Brief Description of the Organization
The Global Function units at Citi include Audit & Risk Review, Compliance, Control & Emerging Risk, AML, Citi Security and Investigative Services (CSIS), Finance, Strategy, M&A, Investor Relations, Global Public Affairs, Human Resources, Legal, Risk Management, Global Community Development and Microfinance. These functions provide critical support to the Citi business units. Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and private banking. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Sr. Reengineering Project Manager
The Best-in-Class Finance program is a group created as part of the Citi Finance organization to support “One Finance for One Citi” vision and transformation of the finance processes. BIC is a company-wide initiative with major goals to redesign, improve efficiency and effectiveness of the entire Citi Finance Organization. The BICF team supports the newly appointed, dedicated Global Process owners in their efforts to transform the Finance function by establishing Standard Processes, Data and Platforms.
1) Work with the GPO Working Group Members to design optimal processes through inventory, assessment and dimensioning of the existing process(es), including:
-Transformation of disparate regional processes into a streamlined, standardized and best-in-class global process at a macro level while understanding the detail level for successful implementation
-Identification of opportunities for significant and sustainable cost reduction through driving improved efficiency and effectiveness of global process.
-Global Process Design and Implementation
-Assist in setting global standards and controls for processes, develop plan for standardization, implement and monitor implementation of the new standards, ensure training and communications in coordination with Global Functions Learning & Development, Finance Initiatives, and compliance with policies, legal and regulatory requirements, where applicable.
- Assist in developing success criteria, best practices, metrics and benchmarks, monitor and manage adherence to SLAs, KPIs and targets.
- Help set strategic financial goals, develop business cases, prioritize and implement efficiency and productivity programs, track and manage benefit realization against plan.
-Shared Services Strategy
- Partner with shared services in designing strategy for the global process, monitor all aspects of shared services integration and performance.
-Data and Content Standardization
-Develop plan for standardization of data and content across systems and data sources, implement and monitor execution.
-Resource / Location
- Support the alignment of available resources to appropriate mix of high/medium/low cost locations.
-Tools / Systems
-Partner with technology leaders to prioritize and align technology roadmap (e.g., full suite) to process improvement plans.
-Problem-solving and Collaboration
-Analytical identification and resolution of issues, partnering with internal and external vendors to ensure that the global process is part of an overall integrated solution.
2) Work with GPOs in executing on above Transformation objectives by providing thought leadership, reengineering expertise, project management discipline and effective workshop facilitation to ensure strategic objectives are met. BICF consults with GPOs on how to achieve a future state vision using a structured methodology which includes focus on process design, information, enabling technology, service placement, governance and organization, skills and talent needed and implementation planning.
3) Work with BIC leadership team to support the overall program which may include working on program communication plan, supporting the 2013 planned migrations, assisting with the development and monitoring of KPIs and project milestones and working across GPOs to collect technology enabler requirements.
The ideal candidate should be a self starter with the ability to challenge the status quo and think creatively about an enhanced future state. Candidate should have the following:
-Strong and demonstrated project management and execution skills with a proven track record of process transformations, including technology integration. Application of reengineering methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean.
-Ability to manage multiple deliverables, excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize appropriately.
-Outstanding communication, facilitation, interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to build a broad base of support among key decision makers. Proven track record of collaborating and building relationships and influencing across the organization. -Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem solving skills coupled with strong finance and internal control skills.
-Strong people leadership skills, including direct, indirect and remote team management.
-Personally demonstrates the desire for continuous learning and creates environments where employees are provided development opportunities. Ability to understand the strategic direction and deliver successful results in a complex and cross functional organization.
-Ability to identify and drive change by thinking "out of the box".
-Flexibility to change direction and do what is needed to achieve end state objectives.
-Experience in the underlying finance function (Controllers, Strategy, Treasury, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis) that spans the full spectrum of geographic, functional and business perspectives.
NAM-USA-NY-Long Island City
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Citi - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...