The Walt Disney Company is world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Chief Technology Officer is responsible for leading the development and implementation of technology plans, innovations, investments and business system strategies and solutions that broadly support The Walt Disney Studios and individual business unit objectives. Working closely with business unit executives, the CTO will develop, acquire and deploy, and prioritize technology and systems investments that support company growth and enable the Studio to optimize and create great content, develop new relevant marketing capabilities, deliver compelling customer experiences, empower business agility and collaboration, and successfully transition to an evolving digital format. The CTO acts as the primary technology leader for the Studio and represents the business on company projects, internal technology networks, and industry groups that support the advancement of the business and technology goals of The Walt Disney Studios.
Planning & Prioritization:
- Create a strong sense of mission and unity throughout the Studio Technology team and with relevant segment partners by promoting a culture of collaboration and meaningful interaction
- Actively engage and direct technology leadership in their respective areas (e.g. Production Technology, Distribution Technology, Media Technology, Marketing Technology and Business Systems)
- Utilize effective leadership practices to attract, develop and retain technology talent at all levels
- Provide clear management process and metrics to evaluate, develop and coach employees
- Ensure talent planning and performance management are fully leveraged processes across the business
- Provides leadership in ensuring appropriate technology usage
- Develop and oversee long-range and annual operating and capital budget plans governing technology and business systems investments across the Studio
- Drive Technology teams to develop solutions that strengthen efficiency, revenue, quality, timeliness and cost efficiency
- Design and manage policies, procedures and standards to provide flexible and cost-effective technology and business systems solutions
- Develop and maintain an integrated and cost-efficient portfolio of Studio-wide technology and business systems applications
- Provides strategic direction and guidelines to serve as a foundation for negotiating 3rd party deals with technology implications
- Collaborate with business unit executives to define a technology vision for the Studio by acting as the senior advisor on technology/system trends, opportunities, challenges and priorities
- Serve as a bridge between business unit executives and technology / systems teams to ensure a broad understanding of Studio-wide business objectives and enable disciplined and proactive decisions regarding technology investments
- Facilitate the identification of an integrated technology / business system roadmap across the Studio
- Create and manage long-range and annual operating and capital plans in alignment with Studio and business unit priorities
- Ensure Technology executives are monitoring and integrating emerging technologies to enable business strategies
- Oversee the design and implementation of technology / system solutions and business process improvements to support current and future strategies, emerging business models and functional requirements
- Be actively engaged in the management of Studio patent and IP strategy and development
- Collaborate with Technology and R&D peers across The Walt Disney Company to leverage best practices and drive projects that advance the business goals of The Walt Disney Studios and/or Enterprise
- Develop and leverage a network of external business partners, academics and technology thought leaders
- Provide oversight to the negotiation of the Studio strategy with various industry standards or commercial bodies (e.g., AES, NAP, DVDCCA, AACS, and CPAC)
- Represent the Studio on The Walt Disney Company Technology Alliance
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into integrated and cost-effective technology and business systems strategies
- Is a proven leader in establishing climate, culture and strategic directions that drive success
- Strong experience in supporting business transformation, active collaboration, agility, technical excellence and the successful delivery of technology, systems and process solutions through the management of matrix teams within a large organization.
- Well-established executive with broad business acumen and proven influencing and collaboration skills
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain successful working relationships
- Strong leadership, management and experience in facilitating change management. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within challenging timeframes and ongoing change.
- Demonstrated ability as a valued senior team member who can effectively and positively influence others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and advise on technological trends
- Confident and effective communicator; able to communicate technology in both simple and complex terms
- The preferred candidate may currently serve as an advisor on advanced technologies to a studio or other major corporation, or may serve as CTO for a company in a related industry
- The preferred candidate will be possess strong and diverse relationships with technology and business leaders within relevant industries
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related field
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures.
Disney - 12 months ago
Walt Disney World Resort, located in Central Florida near Orlando, is a complete vacation destination featuring themed resort hotels, theme...