This position provides medical nutrition therapy services to outpatients in a variety of care settings for MaineGeneral Health. Performs nutritional assessments with Physician referral, and provides diet instruction to patients and/or family following standards outlined in departmental policies and procedures. Organizes patient care so that it is efficient and effective. Assists with selection and development of medical nutrition therapy instructional materials. Develops and implements nutrition education programs for community groups, health care providers and business as assigned. Participates in performance improvement activities regarding medical nutrition therapy and diabetes education.
- State of Maine License as a Dietitian (LD) required.
- Registered Dietician (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) within 6 months of hire required.
- Certified Diabetes Education (CDE) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field preferred.
- 1 year experience in a clinical setting is preferred.
- Group instructional skills preferred.
MaineGeneral Health - 17 months ago