NRG is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. We deliver cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers, backed by the nation’s largest independent power generation portfolio of fossil fuel, nuclear, solar and wind facilities. A Fortune 500 company, NRG is challenging the U.S. energy industry by becoming the largest developer of solar power, building the first privately-funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and providing customers with the most advanced smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. In addition to 47,000 megawatts of generation capacity, enough to supply nearly 40 million homes, our retail electricity providers – Reliant, Green Mountain Energy and Energy Plus – serve more than two million customers. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com . Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter .
Maintain electrical generation of the Facility while operating all units in a safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally compliant manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally sound operation of all Facility equipment.
- Understand and execute the equipment clearance procedure.
- Properly operate control room, HRSG, gas and steam turbines, Facility auxiliary equipment and systems during routine, abnormal and emergency operations.
- Communicate information clearly, including orally, written and electronically.
- Assist maintenance personnel in performance of maintenance activities to include use of tools, equipment ant Company vehicles.
- Troubleshoot plant equipment to resolve operational problems.
- Generate and review work orders for execution of equipment repairs.
- Operate various computer systems to receive, analyze, comprehend and input data.
- Monitor and record data available through the use of various instruments, recording charts, annunciator systems, and other monitoring devices onto shift logs as detailed by plant operational procedures.
- Implement Plant Emergency Procedures as required.
- Operate all Facility systems to control process of electrical generation.
- Observe variations in operating conditions; interpret meter and gauge readings and act in proper and safe manner in response to such conditions.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned including all outside operator duties.
NRG is leading customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the...