**LOCATION IS RAWLINS, WY**|
Fiber Optic Locating on 300 miles of LD cable
Share "On-call" with other field technicians to provide after hours and weekend coverage for emergency callouts..
Monitoring of construction activity near buried fiber facilities to ensure network is not damaged.
Fiber splicing for relocation and network projects (CCR and OSPC activity), such as building adds. Involves working with contractors and outside plant construction to coordinate activities, lay conduit and installation of fiber panels.
Perform Annual, Quarterly, and Monthly PMs on regen standby generators and transport equipment.
Installation, testing and maintenance of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment in support of CCR activities, such as ULH.
Perform dispatch activity to install and repair network and customer Ethernet/VSAT/GigE/Sonet/etc. services.
Required Skills & Experience:
Uses working knowledge of telecommunications equipment, processes and systems, as well as department policies and procedures.
Associates degree in electronics preferred with a minimum of 2 years job related experience preferred but will consider job-experience in lieu of education or combination of education and experience. Uses working knowledge of telecommunications equipment, processes and systems, as well as department policies and procedures.
Mechanical – Needs a working knowledge in performing preventive maintenance and minor repairs on HVAC units, standby generators, portable generators, snowcat, etc.
Power- Needs a strong knowledge of AC and DC power systems. (i.e. AC Transfer switches, Batteries, Rectifiers, etc.)
Weather- Need to be capable of working outdoors in extreme winter weather conditions.
Must possess a valid Wyoming state driver's license and have a clean driving record.
Desired Skills & Experience:
1) Telecommunications Theory - Intermediate knowledge and understanding for common field application
2) Basic IP and Networking Theory - Intermediate knowledge and understanding for common field application
3) Network Systems and Platforms - Intermediate knowledge and skill for common field application
4) Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) & Customer/Product Specific Platforms & Processes - Intermediate knowledge and skill for more common field application
5) Test Equipment (portable and remote) & Testing Methods - Intermediate knowledge and skill for common field applications
6)Cable Systems & Applications for Inside and Outside Plant - Intermediate knowledge and skill for common field application
7) Emergency Response - Intermediate knowledge and skill; engage in the deployment and execution of assigned tasks
8) Computer Skills - Intermediate knowledge and skill for common field administration application
9) Safety & Environmental - Maintain current in all mandatory requirements and follow established safety practices
10) Self-Management - Demonstrate organizational and leadership skills relevant to carrying out day-to-day responsibilities
11) Communications - Demonstrates proficiency in verbal, written, and listening skills
12) Customer Service - Demonstrate professional customer skills
Back to Search Results
What makes a great career? If you ask us, we’ll tell you that it’s the experience, the people and the sense of pride that comes...