- Maintain and develop strategic business relationships with key producers in the Phoenix/Las Vegas territory
- Strong network/relationships with key producers
- Extensive travel (50%-70%) required in designated territory including overnight stays every 3-5 weeks
- Effectively working with office team and underwriting team to sell and retain employer policies
- Effectively work with Regional Sales Manager to develop territory
- Utilize Salesforce.com to update pipeline, projections, and customer tasks as required by management
- Keep up with license requirements as appropriate
- Become an expert resource for customers and brokers
- Develop and expand knowledge base as new products and services become available
- Work effectively with Internal and External clients
- Responsible for the Sales within assigned territory of all Group Life and Disability business in support of the respective Group Sales Office, and
- Hartford Life's business goals.
- Emphasis on Employer Groups of less than 5000 lives.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience in Group Benefits Industry required
- Demonstrated ability to develop trust and credibility easily and quickly
- Must possess prior insurance industry experience and a proven sales ability to maintain and develop strategic business relationships with Producers/Brokers
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Group Life and Disability Benefits market; ability to differentiate between competitors offerings
- Exceptional communication skills
- HIAA, LOMA, CEBS designations desired
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at
The Hartford believes people should live with financial confidence. The Hartford exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
The Hartford’s biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our
and bring passion to their jobs. Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
Ethisphere Institute as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
- GI Jobs as a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
- Military Times Edge as a 2011 “Best for Vets” Employer
- Carbon Disclosure Project’s Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for The Hartford’s approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Newsweek Green Rankings – No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
- Phoenix Business Journal as a Best Place to Work (2011)
- The Chicago Tribune as a Top Workplace (2011)
- The San Antonio Express News as a Top Workplace (2011)
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a Top Workplace (2011)
- Indianapolis Star as a Top Workplace(2011)
- The Hartford Courant and FOXCT as a Top Workplace (2011)
- OKCBiz as a Best Place to Work (2011)
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Group Field Sales
High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Feb 6, 2013, 9:30:08 PM
Remote Worker Option
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The...