Metering Systems, Inc. (MSI)
MSI provides utility metering, monitoring, billing, maintenance, and collection services to industrial, commercial, and multi-tenant residential customers. Examples include multi-tenant buildings, office complexes, condominium/apartment buildings, and commercial/industrial complexes.
Our product utilizes very efficient and effective energy measurement technology for electrical, gas, and water utilities. MSI employs wireless networks and Internet data exchange to provide end-to-end solutions and service.
This is an opportunity to have a very large impact and be an important part of a team implementing a solid and modern system. We are about to deploy several large installations and set the standard for customer energy monitoring and reporting systems.
The core skills we are looking for include:
- Linux experience is required.
- Version Control Knowledge is required (such as Git or GitHub, or similar)
- Good software documentation and management skills.
- Ability to accept direction and show leadership in task management when assigned.
- Positive attitude about assisting with other duties as needed.
- Pro-active communication skills
Addition languages and experience that would be helpful (secondary):
- Ruby on Rails
- Python GUI development (such as Tkinter).
- Basic serial port interfacing using VCOM (bidirectional)
- Small business network basic assistance or experience
- Private Cloud-based storage implementation
- Multiple port mapping for multiple instances of applications
- Web-based forms creation and processing
Experience level: 2-6 years experience.
It is not required to have experience in all of these areas, but understanding and ability to work on some other languages and services is helpful.
Our company employs embedded and PC-based Python applications, SQL databases, web-based data processing and reporting applications utilizing Ruby on Rails, data extraction on processing using Ignition, and embedded C code. Our web-based code resides on Linux servers. Knowledge of Linux and Python are required. Small businesses require diversity of skills and willingness to pitch-in as needed. We are the verge of something big!
Travel requirements < 10%, but on-site assistance during system installation is required.
Full-time preferred, but part-time can be considered.
On-site required, but remote work options can be considered. Due to the nature of the work, initial employment must be done on-site.
Salary and other qualifying considerations must be included with resume and application.
References will be required prior to employment offer.
Basic background check at company's discretion.