Position Title: Training Supervisor
Organizational Unit: Mills Division
Reports to: Manager, Human Resources
Location: Macon, Georgia
Date: January 29, 2013
The Training Supervisor will be responsible for formalizing and monitoring training goals and objectives, systems, materials, action plans, and procedures monitored for all job classifications, as well as for new employee orientation and training.
In addition, this position will work with managers, superintendents, and supervisors on creating and updating Standard Work to improve training for our employees.
The Training Supervisor will work with the Continuous Improvement group and managers to develop specific training to meet the needs identified by auditing.
This position will coordinate training schedules and evaluate applicable outside training resources as appropriate. This position will work with the Human Resources Manager to address training needs at all levels within the facility.
The Training Supervisor will be responsible for development of reporting for measurement of training needs and results. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the record keeping of all training plans, courses and activities.
- Develop training and education systems for entire employee population.
- Ensure on-going employee development.
- Foster training ownership and execution within operating departments.
- Create and facilitate departmental training steering committees.
- Facilitate training classes (leadership, personal effectiveness, etc.).
- Establish/monitor training goals and objectives.
- Maintain training database (records) and publish training activity reports.
- Manage training facilities and coordinate use of training resources.
- Conduct training needs assessments and develop subsequent action plans.
- Develop training curricula (including class development) and materials.
- Develop system to identify/incorporate change (updates) into training materials.
- Schedule training activities.
- Develop individual employee training/development plans.
- Provide expertise in training media (i.e. CBT, distance learning).
- Utilize external training resources (i.e. consultants, training vendors).
- Ensure ISO compliance for training and development.
- Support OSHA and Process Safety training.
- Support Lean initiatives, including teaching Lean Overviews, facilitating A3 problem-solving classes and sessions, and developing Standard Work for employees.
- Work on the Culture Initiative, including facilitation of Culture Survey sessions, promoting employee involvement, and reinforcing our Vision and Core Values.
- Act as a resource for Divisional Training, including facilitating leadership classes, and assisting other locations to develop training systems.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for competent performance in the job:
- Proficient understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Ability to assess needs related to manufacturing processes, standard work procedures, computer systems and produce training programs and materials to target these needs.
- Leadership skills to effectively direct trainees and other salaried professionals while in a training class environment and ability to properly evaluate comprehension and application of subject material.
- Initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to understand many areas of expertise.
- Writes material for new training programs; reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Administers and evaluates training program qualification tests and determines eligibility of prospective attendees.
- Prepares and distributes training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; sets up audiovisual equipment and makes presentations when necessary.
- Contacts attendees and department representatives about training programs.
- Schedules the appropriate classroom and prepares the physical setup.
- The training area is one of constant change. This position must be able to react positively to these developments and help lead the way forward to include new developments in training targeted to both new and existing employees.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, training/related field or equivalent corresponding job-related experience required.
- Previous training experience required at a minimum two (2) years in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce and deliver quality training programs.
- Excellent technical writing skills for development and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), is a premier paperboard packaging company serving the food, beverage and consumer product markets. We also are a leading producer of labels, bags and specialty packaging. Our packaging is used every day by many of the world’s best-known brands and our growing markets include microwave packaging, heat-transfer labels and sustainable packaging.
We believe that our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering true value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and by being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Headquartered near Atlanta, Georgia, in the U.S., Graphic Packaging has over 15,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefit offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
Graphic Packaging - 23 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...