SUMMARY: The Buyer II – Raw Materials is responsible for tracking usage of assigned materials against planned purchases and dispatching purchase orders in accordance with our policies and best practices. The Raw Materials Purchasing Team purchases $50+ MM in raw materials and supplies annually. The Buyer II – Raw Materials will principally be assigned to the purchasing and inventory management of ingredients including the overall management of assigned product categories under the supervision of Purchasing Director
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Purchases significant raw materials, principally food ingredients.
· Directly, and in support of other buyers, participates with the bidding and selection of suppliers and the negotiation of supply agreements.
· Manages the level and placement of raw material inventory at multiple locations. Works with Finance, Receiving and Warehousing parties to maintain transactional integrity and accuracy of this inventory.
· Maintains and works to improve key supplier performance metrics including quality, delivery, invoice accuracy and social responsibility.
· Adheres to the centralized purchasing practices for the company to ensure compliance with internal financial controls and satisfaction of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
· Identifies improvement opportunities for Materials Group teams utilizing best practices and improved tools.
· Responsible for the input and maintenance of manufactured item data in the PeopleSoft system, including bill-of-materials and item attributes.
· Effectively participate on, and contribute to, multi-functional teams.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
· Relevant Purchasing experience equivalent of 5-plus years, or 3 Years with 2-plus years Supply Chain experience.
· BA/BS degree required. Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) or higher (Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or A.P.I.C.s. Certification) helpful
· Understanding of supply chain strategy and tactics for a manufacturing environment; experience with food manufacturing preferred.
· Prior experience with enterprise resource planning systems, including forecasting models, production scheduling, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP II), and inventory policy planning.
· Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley financial controls a plus.
· Capable of, or experience with, RFP/RFQ process.
· Understanding of freight, Receiving, Transportation, INCO terms, etc.
· Outstanding organizational skills to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally.
· Accounting/financials knowledge (e.g. AP/AR/Std Cost, PPV, Capital/Make vs. buy analysis)
· Ability and enthusiasm for acquiring new skills and knowledge, as well as for developing others.
· Appreciation of the specialty coffee market.
· Highly developed analytic and problem-solving skills.
· PeopleSoft and advanced data management skills. Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong research, negotiating, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Ability to follow instructions or directions.
· Positive, motivated team player with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Willingness to travel and work flexible hours.
· Ability with supporting history to be punctual.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Must be able to sit and/or stand at a PC workstation. Heavy keyboarding and visual computer screen work required.
· Ability to travel by air as required and occasionally travel internationally.
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 17 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...