VS Customer Associate |
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Supports and enhances the overall UL experience for internal and external customers. Provides general customer service and administrative support for the complete order-cycle. Partners with employees across UL to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations. Works to continuously improve and provide high quality service to ULs customers. Will have specific accounts assigned under their responsibility.
- Responsible for communicating with clients and assisting in the preparation, writing, and revision of correspondence, reports, and procedures. Uses system software for document management, correspondence, file management, technical reports, and product descriptions.
- Coordinates and develops customer relationships by handling customer inquiries on non-technical topics such as My Home, invoicing, label and inspection, etc., opening new projects and supporting a smooth communication between customers and UL department(s).
- Communicates with clients and UL employees in order to clarify information pertinent to the customer request. Prioritizes customer needs, determines any special requirements, and obtain required information and samples to open the project.
- Interfaces with other UL functional groups to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for the customers flow through the entire process.
- Partners with UL Engineering and Laboratory staff to address technical inquiries.
- Works with sales staff to formulate service quotes for new work orders. Collects customer product information, identifies the industry that will perform work, and communicates completion time commitments.
- Understands the needs of customers, proposes to customers the complete range of UL services that can meet customers needs and benefit them.
- Assembles all required reports and documents to be sent to the client in a complete package, measures and monitors customer satisfaction through customer satisfaction reviews, follows up on concerns, informs customer of the certification, and closes the project.
- Performs other duties as required.
VS Customer Associate Job Requirements
- Some University education (Equivalent to Associates degree) in business administration or related discipline, and generally one year of customer service or sales experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to interact with internal and external clients as well as prepare reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
How To Apply
Learn more about UL!
We accept the uniqueness in individuals and see it as a powerful asset to our employees, services and community. The UL family of companies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity and fair employment practices.
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago