Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
E3 Systems Engineer
Type of Position:
Experience - 10 years of System Engineering experience. Experience with E3 (MIL-STD-464 and MIL-STD-461)is preferred.
Education - BS in electrical engineering, physics, or RF system engineering
Must be able to obtain/maintain SECRET security clearance, current clearance preferred.
Travel - Approximately 15%
Must have excellent communication and coordination skills
URS is seeking an E3 Systems Engineer to review system RF related specifications, refine E3 specifications/requirements to ensure compatibility and functionality, participate in design reviews, generate E3 test plans and reports, coordinate and conduct E3 tests.
Selected individual will interface with Navy Program Office, various government agencies, and contractors.
Perform as a lead and expert on the most complex engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally recognized as an expert in significant engineering task areas.
1. Perform a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently providing supervision of contributing engineers.
2. Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews independently or as the team leader.
3. Generate complete design specifications for the most complex projects.
4. Acts as and is recognized as a Company/industry expert resource on the most complex engineering problems.
5. May lead engineering teams and act as a mentor to engineering team members.
6. May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
7. Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
8. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
9. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
10. Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
11. Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
12. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
13. Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
14. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
15. May provide technical management and leadership to a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...