Job Title: Assistant Principal
Reports to: Principal
Boston Public School is currently seeking visionary and dynamic individuals to serve as educational leaders in our schools. We are seeking a highly motivated, exceptional, results oriented professional who is committed to high standards of performance and achievement by both students and educators. The Assistant Principal/Headmaster will maintain student discipline and manage the business aspects of the school in order to assist the Principal/Headmaster to create an environment conducive to effective teaching and learning. Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the supervision of all staff and assumes the duties of the Principal/Headmaster when he/she is not on the premises.
2. Implements the Code of Discipline and maintains the safety and security of the building and grounds.
3. Supervises the arrival and departure of students; supervises the behavior of students in the common areas of the building and grounds.
4. Seeks funding to enhance the cultural and academic programs at the school.
5. Uses data to guide academic goals to assist the Principal/Headmaster in the preparation of Whole School Improvement document.
6. Assists the Principal/Headmaster in his/her managerial duties including: a. Supervises maintenance of the building and grounds b. Coordinates purchases and delivery of supplies and equipment c. Supervises maintenance of personnel and student records d. Prepares reports and statistics of school operations e. Prepares and maintains the master schedule within planning parameters established by Principal
7. Supervises substitute teachers, including arranging for coverage, ensuring that substitute folders are up to date and available for monitoring and evaluating performance.
8. Assists the Principal/Headmaster in planning activities including coordinating curriculum, instruction, student's, volunteers and parent activities, and student support services.
9. Engages the wider community to support school goals.
10. Assumes other related duties as requested by the Principal/Headmaster
1. Fluency in ASL (American Sign Language). 2. Masters Degree in Education or related field. 3. Three (3) years experience successful teaching experience. 4. Massachusetts license for School Principal/Assistant Principal (grades specific). 5. Demonstrated leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators and parents. 6. Ability to establish a multi-cultural atmosphere that enhances individual growth and promotes a positive self-image.
Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
1. Teaching experience in an urban, K-12 educational setting. 2. Experience as a school administrator. 3. Experience in Grant writing and fundraising.
Terms: BASAS, Group 10B, 211 days
Please refer to the Salary Compensation section on the Career Site for more information on compensation. Salaries are listed by Union and Grade/Step.
SchoolSpring.com - 10 months ago
In 1987, the Boston Public Schools (BPS) and the Mayor's Office signed an agreement to fund a network of community-based, alternative educat...