Senior Instrument/Electrical Engineering Specialist (Job Number: 304086)
SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure, Operations has an immediate opening for a Senior Instrument/Controls Engineer in our location in Oklahoma City, OK. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and specification of electrical equipment and instrumentation and controls for oil and gas, petrochemical and related facilities.
Duties to include: Perform instrument-engineering calculations including control valve sizing calculations, relief valve capacity calculations, and flow element calculations Perform electrical engineering calculations including short circuit coordination studies, fuse coordination, load studies, voltage drop calculations, wire and conduit sizing and motor sizing. Work closely with other engineers, project managers and designers/draftsmen to complete project assignments. Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic and Preferred Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and systems and process instrumentation and controls, including familiarity with pressure, temperature, level and flow measurement technology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Instrument Society of America (ISA) Standards
- Experience in distributed control systems and/or programmable logic controllers
- Thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) as applied to wiring practices within classified and non-classified areas.
- Computer proficiency with engineering software to perform engineering calculations.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering; PE license preferred
- Minimum 10+ years experience in design and engineering of electrical instrument and control systems in industrial facilities and oil and gas or petrochemical plants. Strong Midstream/Upstream background preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2012, 7:54:08 AM
Primary Location: United States-OK-TULSA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 15 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...