This position is responsible for:|
- Planning and managing all activities within an assigned business unit/area. This includes multiple application development, maintenance, and enhancement projects utilizing various new computing architectures. e.g., Pega, client/server, intranet, Web or mainframe platforms.
- Assessing project viability and recommending strategies and tactics to satisfy customer needs.
- Foreseeing organizational impacts and understanding the procedures associated with introducing new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other IT members to facilitate transitions.
- Ensuring product delivery, which requires a clear understanding (and management) of expectations and capabilities from the outset, as well as managing the activities of those not under direct managerial control.
- This position is required to comply with all Highmark Corporate Policies and ISG Procedures and Standards.
Education/ Work Experience :
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Five (5) years of Project Management.
- Five (5) years of experience in a leadership / mentoring role.
- Five (5) years experience in the software development life cycle.
- Five (5) years experience in planning, development, implementation and maintenance of applications across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Three (3) years experience working with information technology.
- Three (3) years experience in developing, communicating and presenting technical concepts to varying audience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree OR Masters Degree
- Five (5) years work experience in IT or Healthcare Industry
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Management experience in:
- employee development plans
- performance evaluations
- goals development
- Prior experience and knowledge about the membership application and its architecture at Highmark
- Experience in budget administration and process improvement.
- Knowledge of company's business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company's products and resources.
- Experience supporting Customer Service applications in mainframe and end tier client technologies and web technologies is a plus
- Experience working in production support environment in highly preferred
- Knowledge of the assigned business unit/area's direction and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic technology roadmap.
- Demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals.
Highmark Inc. - 20 months ago
Highmark has staked its claim as the largest health insurer in the Keystone state. A licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association,...