A plant Mechanic is a Journeyman Mechanic who is responsible for installing and maintaining structural or mechanical equipment at the plant including fired and unfired pressure vessels, turbines, pumps, pulverizers and piping systems. Daily interfacing with basic thermodynamics, hydraulics and blue print reading. Tasks may include but not limited to connecting compression fittings, removal and replacement of thermocouple assemblies and minor operation of equipment.
Requirements for this position include:
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- High School diploma, GED, or proof of equivalent.
- Ability to successfully perform the essential functions of a journeyman mechanic.
- Completed apprenticeship or other equivalent training that resulted in certification at the Journeyman level.
- 2 years thermal plant Mechanic experience, including in depth knowledge in mechanical principles, basic thermodynamics, hydraulics and blue print reading.
- Meets qualifications to operate machine tools common to a machine shop such as a lathe, boring bar shaper, etc.
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience and provide documentation of journeyman certification.
- 5 years experience as a Journeyman Plant Mechanic
- Certified Welder
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell.The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Pacificorp - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard